Airlines often have difficulties maintaining sufficient ULDstock levels at stations (containers/pallets).
Sometimes a station can be under stocked, or onthe contrary, (heavily) overstocked.
Airlines are not always capable to decrease or increaseULD stock levels quickly or timely, which could cause operational issues and/orextra costs.
At the moment airlines have no insight in eachothers ULD station stock levels. On occasion one airline can be overstockedwhile another sends extra empty ULD to the same station. It's not logicalto send overstock from station A to home base and forward empty ones to stationB, while another carrier could forward overstock directly from station Ato station B. Furthermore, sending empty ULD means less cargo revenuesand/or extra fuel/CO2 costs.
Skypooling is a tool which helps participating airlinesto have a better ULD control, by keeping track of and providinginformation of ULD over- and under stocks.
If a number of airlines with a relevant networkcould coordinate, helping each other to balance ULD stocks, shortages oroverstock could be reduced, ensuring benefits and savings for all the participants. Themore airlines participate in the pool, the more benefits for all contributors.
Through Skypooling, participating airlines alsocontribute to a sustainable world. By forwarding less empty equipment, airlinesrealize fuel savings and cut CO2 emissions.
- Less empty ULD on board aircraft to replenish a stationand more space and revenues forcargo.
- Less extra fuel for flying empty ULD's.
- Less CO2 emissions.
- Less ULD shortages/overstock at stations.
- Less ULD not moving.
- Less ULD totally needed.
- Less ULD repair costs.
- Less trucking costs of empty ULD.
- Less square feet ULD storages.
How does it work
- Participating airlines must update the Skypooling website weekly.
- Only airlines which have a good control over their ULD stock, are included toavoid any issues recovering the ULD's.
- Skypoolingwill process all data directly and real time information is available.
- If thereare matches, airlines contact each other to make further appointments.
- Theairlines which forward the ULD will inform the receiving station about incomingother airline ULD and arrange hand-over and inform all about ULD ID-codes.
- Only serviceable airworthy ULD's containers can be used loaded in Skypooling. ULD's can be loaded withbaggage, cargo, mail or be empty.
- All ULD'suplifts are based on courtesy unless otherwise agreed by companies involved.
- Participatingcarriers should make clear agreements between each other to avoid issues regardinglife span/TSO/airworthiness, tarra weight or damages. Or ULD's may go onwards to otherstations, to agents, trucked or to offline ports,
- Skypoolingis based on voluntary participation only and does not constitute any legalobligation or claim towards Skypooling and/or any of the other Skypoolingparticipants.
- Skypoolingcannot be held responsible for any irregularity.